Our commitments and principles
Contact Energy expects the highest standards of ethics and behaviour from its staff and suppliers. We have a code of conduct (98KB) that outlines the way we work and make decisions.
These define the sustainable outcomes that we always strive to achieve for our key stakeholders.
- Deliver market-leading performance for shareholders by identifying, developing, operating and growing value creating businesses.
- Create value for our customers by understanding their needs, and delivering relevant and competitive energy solutions to meet these needs, both today and into the future.
- Create a rewarding workplace for our people by valuing everyone’s contribution, encouraging personal development, recognising good performance, and fostering equality of opportunity.
- Respect the rights and interests of the communities in which we operate by listening to them, understanding and managing the environmental, economic and social impacts of our activities.
- Respect the rights and interests of our business partners, by working collaboratively to create valued and rewarding partnerships.
These provide guidance for making decisions everyday.
- We conduct ourselves and our business with due care and in accordance with relevant laws and regulations. We have an overriding duty to ensure the health and safety of our employees, and to minimise the health, safety and environmental impacts on our customers and the communities in which we operate.
- We will add value to the resources that come under our control.
- The value we create will be distributed to stakeholders, recognising the need to ensure the sustainability of our business, and its impact on the environment and the communities in which we operate.
- We encourage diversity and expression of ideas and opinions but require alignment with Contact’s Principles, Commitments and Values and the policies established to implement them.
- When faced with choices, we make decisions knowing they will be subject to scrutiny. We should be able to demonstrate the soundness of our decisions to all stakeholders.