I don’t want to lose my telephone line – can I keep my home number?
No worries! All you need is a phone with a telepermit sticker (shown below) which you plug into your modem to access our homeline service using Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) service. You can add our homeline service from just $10 a month for unlimited national calls not including mobile.
• Optional add-ons for your phone line
• Top 10 International calling package – 100 hours per month to Australia, UK, USA, Canada, Ireland, South Africa, South Korea, India, Hong Kong and China - $10.00 per month
• NZ mobile 100 calling package – 100 minutes to NZ mobile phone numbers - $5.00 per month
• NZ mobile 200 calling package – 200 minutes to NZ mobile phone numbers - $10.00 per month
What are the rates for Local and International Calls?
Standard Local Rates are shown below. Click here to view International rates.
What is VoIP?
Voice over Internet Protocol is simply a way of using the internet for the transmission of voice calls. You can operate VoIP and related services with any modern home phone.
I don’t want a homeline anymore – can I discontinue the service?
Sure can! We offer a product called Naked Broadband - it means you’ll no longer have a homeline. If you used to have a home phone, it will stop working on a Naked Broadband package and you will not be able to use it to call anyone including 111 emergency services from this phone. We strongly recommend that you consider keeping a back-up device, such as a charged mobile phone, for emergencies.
If you have a monitored or medical alarm - please contact your alarm provider to ensure the alarm will continue to work with a VoIP phone connection.
Does this service come with a modem?
We’ll send you a cool new modem free of charge to use with your Contact Broadband service. We won’t even charge you for postage.
If you would like to use your own modem you are welcome to but please note you may need to reprogram a few things to meet our technical requirements. Also, we may not be able to offer remote troubleshooting assistance if you use your own modem.
What sort of modem do you send me?
A Netcomm NF4V model featuring:
- Gigabit modem with 4 LAN ports to connect devices by ethernet
- WiFi speed of 300Mbps
- 2 x FXS ports for connecting a telephone to make VoIP calls
- 2 x USB host ports – supports USB storage device for file sharing
- Built in media server to share your movies and other content between devices – just add a USB storage device.