It's an exciting time moving into a new home. We'll make it cosy by connecting your electricity just as soon as we hear from you. Give us a call on 0800 80 9000 and make sure you have the following information ready:
- Your property’s physical address or DP or Lot number
- Your name, phone number and postal address
- Details of any new capacity needed and changes to the metering
For builders and electricians
Call our New Connections Team and they’ll arrange temporary electricity supply to a home or building under construction. They’re on call between 8am and 5pm Monday to Friday. Just leave a message if you call outside those times and they’ll phone you back.
Most things can be dealt with over the phone and there’s generally no paperwork. Our team is experienced and has technical backup, so they can also deal with any metering questions you have.
Call us as soon as you’ve finished with the temporary supply and we’ll close your account and send you a final bill. You’re responsible for all our charges as long as your temporary supply stays connected – so don’t forget to make that call pronto!
Alternatively, we can change over the property from a temporary to a permanent account with the home owner. Either way just give us a on call 0800 86 26 66 and we can help you out.
Piped gas connections
With piped gas you’re permanently hooked up to our gas supply for instant hot water, snuggly warmth and great cooking.
Here’s what you do:
- Call our Customer Care Team on 0800 80 9000
- They’ll take your details and arrange for our Gas Connections team to call you within 3 working days of your application
- We’ll arrange for a gas meter to be installed and your home to be connected to the main gas pipeline
- Once you’re connected, you’ll automatically start receiving gas from us
- Piped gas may not be available in your area and new connection fees may apply
Bottled gas connections
Bottled gas might be the go if you don't wan’t to, or can’t, hook up to the mains. No need to miss out on the roasty toasty benefits of gas.
Here’s what you do:
- Call our Customer Care Team on 0800 762 542
- We’ll need to know where you’d like to put the cylinders and check if your property’s suitable
Get together with a gasfitter
It’s a legal requirement that your gas is installed by a certified gasfitter. To check they’re the real deal, ask to see their card issued by the Plumbers, Gasfitters and Drainlayers Board. Or check out www.pgdb.co.nz and click on ‘search the public register’.